Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bath tub horrors

Before I was a mom, I would have never believed how much time and energy a person could spend on poop. I have seen groups of moms get on the topic for hours on end. I have personally cheered when Jack filled his diaper after a bout of constipation and I have more than once discovered that I was unknowingly wearing poop on my clothing. With this said, I am going to tell you my latest poop dillemma. If you are adverse to hearing about fecal matter in your free time than I suggest you stop reading.

Babyham had developed a penchant for pooping in the bathtub. It started a few weeks ago when he was a little sick and the poor thing just couldn't help it. I was totally horrified. I sprayed him off and disinfected the tub. The next day, same thing. Except this time Jack was in the tub with him when it happened and Jack was understandably even more horrified. Now we rarely have a bath without a bowel movement.

The problem is that now Jack REFUSES to bathe with Abe and although I can't really blame him for being scarred, it creates some logistical problems. We have to do totally seperate baths now and I am so sick of bleaching out the tub after every bath!

Today I decided that I would wait until right after he pooped in his diaper before I gave him a bath. I sat in the bathroom reading a magazine while Babyham played in the water. Jack walked in and said, "Mom, why are there blueberries is baby's bath?" Needless to say, those weren't blueberries. Seriously, how many times a day can one tiny human poop? I honestly wonder if he has developed some kind of a Pavlovian response to bathing.

Maybe its time to switch to showers, Babyham.

11 comments:

Lisa said...

Okay, this just made me laugh until I cried. Blueberries! HA!

Heidi Lanett Mixon said...

Love the poop stories!

Brittney said...

LOL!!! hilarious.

Chelsey Howard said...

That's the worst:( Yeah, showers probably sound good:)

Stephanie said...

Being a mom is a beautiful thing!

Amanda said...

That is hilarious. The part about having it on your clothes made me laugh out loud. Maybe he got the feel for not having it stuck to his bum and he likes the freedom.

I am so a poop connoisseur. I'm one of those who could talk about it for hours. I know, weird.

Anonymous said...

ulgh, how annoying!!
maybe it's because he eats so much fiber
wish i was that regular!!!!!

Kristin Allen said...

Hey Staci! How are you doing? Your boys are so cute! We're really enjoying it over here. Although it's hard to be so far from family. It was good to be back for Christmas and fun to see Steph and her family.

Tara said...

Hey Staci your family is beautiful! I found your blog through fb :) It's so fun seeing what everyone is up to these days. I definitely feel your pain in the poop dept! I have many a poopy tale to tell :) We have a blog too if you want to check it out. The address is atmcmurdiefamily.blogspot.com Good luck with the blueberry baths :P

Tara said...

P.S.
I don't know where in the heck that picture if Cinderella came from??? I think my computer is possessed!!!

Deb said...

That is SO funny!

Kramer Boys

Kramer Boys