Monday, January 19, 2009

Squaw Peak hikers

Recently Jack has developed an interest in mountains. He always asks what each mountain is called. Recently he asked about Squaw Peak (it will always be Squaw Peak to us no matter what Janet Napalitano says) and John promised him that he would take him hiking and they would climb to the top. Of course right after that the entire family came down with strep throat and then John's turned into pneumonia so the hike never happened. Finally John decided that it was time to bite the bullet and just take him, pneumonia or not. I predicted that between John's diminished lung capacity and Jack's total overall slowness, they would get about 100 yards up the mountain at the most. Not only did they make it up the entire mountain, they even made it back in one piece. Here is the picture to prove it. John said that everyone along the trail was totally impressed to see such a young kid making it all the way up and everyone was cheering them on.

John is such a wonderful and involved father. John has endless patience with Jack and spends so much quality time with both of the boys. Jack absolutely adores his daddy and it makes me so happy that they are creating so many happy childhood memories. Good job, hikers! I'm proud of you!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Holy Cow! I hope I don't freak you out by commenting on your blog. I can't even begin to explain how I found it. The story is email worthy. Anyway, I just wanted to say hi. I haven't talked to you forever! I am so happy things are going well for you. I think about you often. Your family is gorgeous. Two boys, wow. That is so awesome.

-Mandie

Amanda said...

You have a nice pregnant belly by the way. : )

Stephanie said...

John is a good daddy! I am totally impressed that they made it to the top. That's not exactly an easy hike! Jack looks so worn out....Way to go guys!

Chelsey Howard said...

what a good dad! I bet your boys just adore him! They will totally remember things like that forever:) So sweet! and I love the picture below of his swat team (lol):) They are sooo tough:)

Kramer Boys

Kramer Boys