Saturday, August 22, 2009

Jack doesn't understand women but he has a good healthy fear of them


Today I gave myself a french manicure. It would have probably been wise to use my spare time sweeping and mopping the kitchen since that hasn't been done in an embarrassingly long span of time. Plus now that my nails are perfectly manicured I don't want to mess them up by using the mop. Oh well. If you come over to my house today, please focus your attention on my pretty white tips instead of my grungy floors. Better yet, if you come to my house today, please mop my floors.

Today when I began my manicure by filing my nails, Emma looked at me and asked what I was doing. Jack butted in and said, "Duh.... She's sharpening her nails so that she can use 'em as weapons." He said it like everyone in the world knows the reason for filing nails. I decided that I am going to leave this one alone and let him believe that I possess razor sharp fingernails that are readily available for cutting down bad guys or disciplining my children.

6 comments:

Brianne said...

That was sooooooooooo funny!! I love how your son thinks your nails are "weapons"! ha, ha I can't stop laughing!

Brittney said...

H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S!!! WHERE DOES HE COME UP WITH THAT STUFF!! I LOVE IT.

Diane said...

MORTE DE RIRE!! I just love reading your blog, it always gives me motivation to work because I laugh all the time when I read it. BTW quelle belle manucure! ;)

Chelsey Howard said...

Staci, you are so cute. I love reading your blog:) your stories about Jack are priceless!!

Christy said...

I would take a look at his teacher's nails and make sure they aren't V-shaped. I might try that if I had to teach 30 Kindergartners every day- just to keep them wondering..

keep calm and carry on said...

hahaha! your kids are sooo funny!

Kramer Boys

Kramer Boys