Friday, March 16, 2012

The Tooth is Out

This whole day has revolved around Jack's obsession with getting his loose tooth out. Yesterday he was all about letting me yank on it but there was one or two incidents where it bled and hurt more than he expected. Today he was twice as obsessed but now was completely wussing out. The tooth was so obviously hanging on by nothing. It could twist 180 degrees and protruding out. I could have let it go for another day if he wasn't so stressed about it. Finally I pinned the kid down against his will and yanked the tooth out when he opened his mouth to scream. No blood, no nerve, the new permanent tooth is showing and there's no way it actually hurt him. Nonetheless he didn't take too kindly to my helpful assault and so he cried and flipped out for twenty minutes. Then he walked next door to the Gartner's house to show them his tooth where he promptly dropped the tooth onto the ground where a bag of crushed popcorn had recently been spread. We sorted through thousands of small white tooth shaped debris. Just as I considered fetching one of the old teeth from my jewelry box to solve the problem, the tooth was found and once again Jack could stop sobbing. Here's a pretty classic picture that illustrates the trauma of the tooth. This is literally the best smile I could get out of him.

No comments:

Kramer Boys

Kramer Boys