Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Nightmare

Last night at about 2 am I heard a blood curdling scream coming from Jack's room. As a mom you get to where you know all of your kid's screams and what they mean. This one I had never heard before because it was so full of pure terror. I went running into his room honestly expecting to find a masked gunman kidnapping him. As I ran down the hall the thought crossed my mind that I should have grabbed one of John's guns.... that's how bad the screaming was. When I got in there he was standing on the bed. I grabbed him to see if he was hurt or sick, "What is wrong!?!?"

His screaming answer: (and this is an exact quote) "I want candy and presents!"

Candy and Presents? Apparently he had a nightmare that Christmas had come and he didn't get any candy or presents. My first thought was that perhaps I have been threatening the naughty list a little too much. My next thought was that if this is the worst nightmare the kid can come up with, his life is pretty good.

He then laid down and went to sleep. Actually I don't think he ever was awake. He doesn't remember any of it this morning.

Jack doesn't need to worry about Christmas. Santa is bringing an X-box much to my dismay. I'm a little worried that video games will become just one more thing to police around here but I have heard that the built in parental controls and timers are awesome. Now I just have to set it up so that I have the password and no one else does (including Santa and Santa's co-conspiritor John).

My christmas present this year is that one of my dearest friends, Diane Vernizeau is coming to spend a week with us for Christmas. She was a person I taught on my mission and she is the most intelligent, beautiful, spiritual, kind person I know. We haven't seen each other for years, but she is in the states doing post docterate work in international law at UC Berkley, and we get to have her here for the Holiday. I am so happy about her visit I can barely contain myself.

2 comments:

Diane said...

hey ya!! sweet post ^^i can't wait to see you!! but..I am bit worried about Christmas presents. I'll send you an email coz I need to go christmas shopping next week. I have never bought any presents for kids of Jack and Abes age and I don't know what kind of stuff they like :((( So i'll email you soon so we can brainstorm. I am so excited about coming...!!!!And try the X box with Jack mouahahahaha

Kara said...

why do your blogs always crack me up so much? I can just picture you running down the hall with a shot gun, ready to kill whoever is attacking your little 5 yr old. good thing you were on ambien and your brain couldn't work that fast. ;)

Kramer Boys

Kramer Boys